R615 Fountain Pen - Champagne Gold
R615 Fountain Pen - Champagne Gold
Single mindedly designed to produce beautiful flex lines. Precision engineered to be your pen of choice.
The R615 is designed to be as simple as possible (but no simpler). The overall form is described by a single elliptical curve and a flat plane. Beauty through mathematics. The flat sections line up to make a roll stop across three components: A Swiss watchmakers’ technique.
The feed design is fine tuned to bring you two options. An efficient and reliable injection molded plastic feed. And a polymer version should you prefer wetter ink flow.
The center of mass of the pen sits in the brass grip section to allow a neutral balance and better control of writing pressure for flex.
Take your pick from our selection of nibs and feeds
- Happy Medium - A wet, monoline medium, no flex. Perfect for that everyday writer or artist who likes a consistent line. Ships standard with machined plastic feed
- Fine Flex Plastic Feed - A ‘fine’ nib that flexes happily to 1.4mm with our standard plastic machined feed that keeps the ink flowing. It’s tipped, so works great for everyday writing too
- Fine Flex Polymer Feed - Our Fine Flex nib with a specially designed polymer feed for wetter writing and juicy swells
- Titanium Flex - A soft, monster of a flex nib. Our wettest option puts down a ton of ink Untippped
- Calligraphy Flex - A soft, untipped flex nib that produces extra extra fine hairlines and juicy swells. Great for calligraphers, but too scratchy for everyday writing. Made from stainless steel so it won't rust or corrode 14k
- Gold Flex - a soft and bouncy nib that adds fantastic character to your everyday writing and also produces a lovely, wet flex line
- Zoom Nib - A non flex nib. Varying the angle of the pen to paper give you a fine to double broad line. Writes extra fine reversed.
Want a different nib? Read on…
It’s all standardised and interchangeable
We like to chop and change and hack and try. The R615 reflects this philosophy - you can make it your own. All our components are international standard and can easily be interchanged with many leading brands.
- Jowo Standard #6 Nib Unit - the R615 accommodates Jowo #6 Nib Units.
- Standard #6 nib - most #6 nibs will fit the R615. But not all, due to different nib curvatures.
- International standard cartridge converter - we’ve got you covered with Schmidt’s excellent K5 converter. But if you want to swap this out or use cartridges - international standard is the way to go.
- Length: 150mm
- Length uncapped: 138mm (inc. nib)
- Diameter: 16mm
- Grip section diameter: 10.5 mm, pinch point 10.25mm
- Grip section precision textured for ergonomic grip
- Weight: 45.23 gms
- Weight uncapped: 35.20 gms with nib unit
- Materials: 6082 aluminium, anodised and CZ121 brass, untreated
We're serious about sustainability. And it's a key consideration in all our products and processes.
Our products are designed to be used for decades. And they don't have any single-use plastic or petroleum-derived materials.
Same with all our packaging. We try to keep our studio single-use product free and reuse and upcycle most materials.
Our manufacturing process means there's nearly no rejection or failed parts. And all the excess aluminium and brass from manufacturing is cleaned on-site and is almost 100% recycled.
For products and packaging, our components and raw materials are sourced as locally as possible - in most cases from within the UK.
It's a simple, common-sense approach. And in most cases, it's fairly easy to find a sustainable solution that works as well, if not better.