R615 Fountain Pen - White Acetal
Single mindedly designed to produce beautiful flex lines. Precision engineered to be your pen of choice.
The R615 is designed to be as simple as possible (but no simpler). The overall form is described by a single elliptical curve and a flat plane. Beauty through mathematics. The flat sections line up to make a roll stop across three components: A Swiss watchmakers’ technique.
The feed design is fine tuned to bring you two options. An efficient and reliable injection molded plastic feed. And a polymer version should you prefer wetter ink flow.
The center of mass of the pen sits in the brass grip section to allow a neutral balance and better control of writing pressure for flex.
Take your pick from our selection of nibs and feeds
- Happy Medium - A wet, monoline medium, no flex. Perfect for that everyday writer or artist who likes a consistent line. Ships standard with machined plastic feed
- Fine Flex Plastic Feed - A ‘fine’ nib that flexes happily to 1.4mm with our standard plastic machined feed that keeps the ink flowing. It’s tipped, so works great for everyday writing too
- Fine Flex Polymer Feed - Our Fine Flex nib with a specially designed polymer feed for wetter writing and juicy swells
- Titanium Flex - A soft, monster of a flex nib. Our wettest option puts down a ton of ink
- 14k Gold Flex - a soft and bouncy nib that adds fantastic character to your everyday writing and also produces a lovely, wet flex line
Want a different nib? Read on…
It’s all standardised and interchangeable
We like to chop and change and hack and try. The R615 reflects this philosophy - you can make it your own. All our components are international standard and can easily be interchanged with many leading brands.
- Jowo Standard #6 Nib Unit - the R615 accommodates Jowo #6 Nib Units.
- Standard #6 nib - most #6 nibs will fit the R615. But not all, due to different nib curvatures.
- International standard cartridge converter - we’ve got you covered with Schmidt’s excellent K5 converter. But if you want to swap this out or use cartridges - international standard is the way to go.
The barrel and cap are precision machined from engineering grade acetal rods and finished to a smooth, warm surface.
Our grip section is machined from CZ121 brass and is untreated. It is precision textured with a surface roughness for ergonomic grip.
Engineered Plastics Edition
Over the spring, we were busy testing new materials and dialling-in the setup to CNC machine these.
It was all born out of the desire to have a demonstrator-like offering. Or was it to have a slightly lighter pen. Or maybe just to take on a cool engineering challenge. As the case may be. We're super excited to bring you pens in this trio of interesting materials.
White Acetal and Brass
A beautiful, true white acetal that feels great in the hand, and has the most amazing threading action when you open and close the cap. It has the faintest hint of tranlucance in sunlight, making it extra special. Paired with our brass grip section, this colourway really pops!
Flame Grilled Polycarbonate and Brass
A translucent demonstrator in this tough engineering material that can take a beating. Great to take outdoors as an every day carry, and almost indestructable. Paired with our brass grip section for a very elegant look, and flame grilled for a unique finish. No, really, we take a blowtorch to the surface to fuse the polymer on the surface layer and create this unique frosted look.
Flame Grilled Ultem and Stainless Steel
One of those, “if you know, you know” materials that has quite a cult following. Ultem is a stunning amber-yellow colour and translucent. We've paired it with our stainless steel grip section for a translucent demonstrator-like pen that's quite unique. Flame grilled to finish.
Length uncapped: 138mm (inc. nib)
Section diameter: 10.5 mm, pinch point 10.25mm
Weight: 33.40 gms
Weight uncapped: 28.42 gms with nib unit
Materials: Acetal and CZ121 brass
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.