R615 Fountain Pen
Single mindedly designed to produce beautiful flex lines. Precision engineered to be your pen of choice.
The R615 is designed to be as simple as possible (but no simpler). The overall form is described by a single elliptical curve and a flat plane. Beauty through mathematics. The flat sections line up to make a roll stop across three components: A Swiss watchmakers’ technique.
The feed design is fine tuned to bring you two options. An efficient and reliable injection molded plastic feed. And an ebonite version should you prefer wetter ink flow.
The center of mass of the pen sits in the brass grip section to allow a neutral balance and better control of writing pressure for flex.
Take your pick from our selection of nibs and feeds
- Happy Medium - A wet, monoline medium, no flex. Perfect for that everyday writer or artist who likes a consistent line. Ships standard with machined plastic feed
- Fine Flex Plastic Feed - A ‘fine’ nib that flexes happily to 1.4mm with our standard plastic machined feed that keeps the ink flowing. It’s tipped, so works great for everyday writing too
- Fine Flex Ebonite Feed - Our Fine Flex nib with an ebonite feed and collar for wetter writing and juicy swells
Want a different nib? Read on…
It’s all standardised and interchangeable
We like to chop and change and hack and try. The R615 reflects this philosophy - you can make it your own. All our components are international standard and can easily be interchanged with many leading brands.
- Jowo Standard #6 Nib Unit - The R615 will accommodate Jowo #6 Nib Units.
- Standard #6 nib - most #6 nibs will fit The R615. But not all, due to different nib curvatures.
- International standard cartridge converter - we’ve got you covered with Schmidt’s excellent K5 converter. But if you want to swap this out or use cartridges - international standard is the way to go.
The barrel and cap are machined from high grade 6082 aluminium, and then anodised black for protection and durability.
Our grip section is machined from CZ121 brass and is untreated. Over time it will age and develop a unique patina personalised to you. We think this is wonderful, but should you want to restore it to the original, all it needs is a gentle polish with any standard brass polish and a clean cloth.
Length uncapped: 138mm (inc. nib)
Section diameter: 10.5 mm, pinch point 10.25mm
Weight: 45.23 gms
Weight uncapped: 35.20 gms with nib unit
Materials: 6082 aluminium, anodised and CZ121 brass, untreated
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.